Antique Grandfather Clocks - Specialist sales in George III mahogany London made grandfather clocks at today’s prices, All restored for sale to the highest standards by our workshops.
Antique Longcase Clocks - Specialist sales in George III mahogany London made longcase clocks at today’s prices, All restored for sale to the highest standards by our workshops.
- A 1740 Lacquered And Chinoiserie Decorated longcase Clock by Robert Berry. The five finned pillared movement, with internal countwheel strike, is of notable quality. The dial with subsidiary seconds, and date aperture, having a signed boss in the arch.The case is in particularly good condition, with decoration typical of the early 18th century, and the decoration is on a faux tortoise shell ground of red and black. Little is recorded about Robert Berry; he seems to be part of a clockmaking family who worked in Hitchin, Herts. c1740
- A 1780 Red Japanned And Poly Chrome Gilt Chinoiserie longcase clock By William Cox, London The case and decoration are in excellent condition, with a rare and desirable colour. The brass dial, with subsidiary seconds ring and date aperture, is signed by William Cox of London and has a four pillar, eight day duration, weight driven movement. The case is unusually low, for a London clock, being only 7' 2" high. c 1780
- A black lacquered long case clock by George Lacy, of Portsmouth. The black japanned case with polychrome gilt chinoiserie decoration, having a pagoda top, which was fashionable in the late eighteenth century. The single sheet silvered dial, with finely engraved floral decoration, subsidiary seconds dial, and date aperture. It is interesting to note that dials of this style were popular in both Portsmouth and Plymouth, both port cities. Height 91" c. 1780
Regular Price: £7,500.00
Special Price £4,500.00
- A Late 18th Century Black Lacquer Longcase Clock By Brownley, Staindrop circa 1790, the flat top black lacquer case with a long rectangular door , the chapter ring and spandrel 11-Inch dial with subsidiary seconds and date ring. Size 75-inches High.
Regular Price: £10,000.00
Special Price £6,000.00
- A Rocking Ship Mahogany Grandmother clock By Sinclair Harding, Cheltenham, the brass break arch dial with silvered Roman chapter ring, Arabic five minutes and sword hilt half hour marks, the matted centre with subsidiary seconds ring and oval name plaque, mask spandrels and rocking ship to the arch, the hood with ball and spike finial over turned pillars and boxwood line inlaid trunk door and panelled single skirt base, 188cm high
A stunning English George II 18th Century Flame Mahogany London Longcase Clock By Whitebread, LondonA stunning English George II 18th Century Flame Mahogany London Longcase Clock By Whitebread, London, the 12-inch break-arch brass dial with a matted centre, rococo spandrels, date window, subsidiary seconds dial, the 8-day 4-pillar movement with hour [rack] striking on a bell, the original brass covered pendulum, the fine quality figured mahogany case with brass capitals and reeded hood columns inset with brass reeding, the fine quality case with a long trunk door and a break-arch type hood of good patination, circa 1750 Size: 85” x 19” x 9
Regular Price: £9,500.00
Special Price £5,700.00
A Stunning English George III Late 18th Century Flame Mahogany London Longcase Clock With Strike/Silent By William Coleman, GreenwichA stunning English George III Late 18th Century Flame Mahogany London Longcase Clock With Strike/Silent By William Coleman, Greenwich, the 12-inch break-arch sivered brass dial , date ring, subsidiary seconds dial and strike/silent, the 8-day 5-pillar movement with hour [rack] striking on a bell and strike/silent, the original brass covered pendulum, the fine quality figured mahogany case with brass capitals and reeded hood columns inset with brass reeding, the fine quality case with a long trunk door and a break-arch type hood of good patination, circa 1780 Size: 85” x 19” x 9
A Very Fine Quality 1750’s English 18th Century George II Burr Walnut Longcase Clock By Joseph OxleyA Very Fine Quality 1750’s English 18th Century George II Burr Walnut Longcase Clock By Joseph Oxley, Norwich, the well proportioned burr walnut case with a long trunk door bordered with cross and feather banding, the break-arch type hood surmounted by two brass finials, the hood with full length hood columns, long side windows and brass capitals, the 8-day weight driven 5-pillar movement with rack striking, the signed 12 inch brass dial with a matted centre, cherub head rococo spandrels, subsidiary seconds, date box window, circa 1750. Clocks Size: 85” x 18” x 9 “
Regular Price: £18,000.00
Special Price £10,800.00
- A Very Fine Quality Regency Flame Mahogany 8-Day Longcase Clock By Perigal, Bond Street, the finely figured tapering rectangular elegant regency solid mahogany case with flame mahogany to the lancet trunk door, the lancet shape hood with glass panels surmounted by a sphinx, the signed 12 inch round white painted dial with black roman numerals and subsidiary seconds, the 8-day 4-pillar movement striking the hours on a large bell, the blued steel hands, circa 1800-1810 Size: 88” x 19” x 9”.
Regular Price: £15,000.00
Special Price £9,000.00
- A Victorian Weight Driven Minature Westminster Chime Grandmother Clock JJ Elliot & Co, London, the triple weight driven eight day movement with deadbeat escapement and Westminster Chiming on four gongs, the scroll engraved and silvered brass dial with Tempus Fugit in the break arch, the solid Cuban mahogany piano polished case with a break arch hood and a bevelled oval front door glass, Size: 70-Inches High, circa early 1900's
Regular Price: £7,500.00
Special Price £4,500.00
- A Victorian Weight Driven Miniature Westminster Chime Grandmother Clock JJ Elliot & Co, London, the triple weight driven eight day movement with deadbeat escapement and Westminster Chiming on four gongs, the signed 8-Inch engraved and silvered brass dial, the solid Cuban mahogany piano polished case with a flat hood, Size: 64-Inches High, circa early 1920's
- A Viennese Biedermeier Longcase Clock, Signed By Joseph Rammel. The fine quality eight day movement has ting tang quarter striking, as well as an hour strike.The highly decorative case is veneered in well figured birch, with solid birch mouldings. Clock in excellent condition. Circa 1845. Height 7' 6"
Regular Price: £6,500.00
Special Price £3,900.00
- An Early 18th Cent Ebonised Longcase Clock by Adam Elder, London. The five pillar eight day duration movement with subsidiary seconds dial, ringed winding holes and date aperture. The movement has an internal countwheel, for the strike, normal for London clocks of this period, and the dial with wheatear engraving around the sides.The caddy topped ebonised case in excellent condition, with an unusual gilded blind fret in the hood, and gilded capitals and finials. Height to top of finials is 96".c 1720
- An English 1780 Lacquered Longcase Clock By Joseph Lum of London. The eight day duration movement, with subsidiary seconds dial and date aperture. The engraved name of Joseph Lum, London on a circular boss in the arch. The case is in a beautiful dark olive green colour, and the chinoiserie decoration of excellent quality and in very good condition. Height 84.5"
- A 1780 Oak Longcase Clock With Automaton Of Humpty Dumpty, in the arch.The 12" brass break arch dial, with the figure of Humpty Dumpty rocking on a wall, signed by Handscomb, of Woburn, having a four pillar eight day duration movement. The London style oak case surmounted with three gilded fineals on a crested top. Circa 1780 Height ; 90"
Regular Price: £6,000.00
Special Price £3,600.00